Vision, Mission, and Values
Vision Statement – UAMS South
“UAMS South – A beacon of model health care for all.”
Mission Statement – UAMS South
The mission of UAMS South is to provide state-of-the-art comprehensive, accessible health care for the people of South Arkansas by educating, nurturing, and supporting present and future healthcare professionals in a rural setting.
Values of UAMS South
We believe in and value:
1. Non-discriminatory/high quality comprehensive health care in a rural setting.
2. Respect/Dignity/Politeness in Relationships
3. Commitment to ethical professional standards
4. Availability, Approachability, Accessibility
5. Economic security and social well-being
6. Leadership role in scholarly life-long learning
7. Promotion of Healthy Lifestyles through Disease Prevention
Hedgehog Concept (Good to Great)
• What can we be the best in the world at?
» “Applying everything we do to a rural setting.”
• What are we passionate about?
» “Health Promotion for all in a rural setting.”
• What drives our economic engine?
» “Fine tuning of our traditional sources of income and our ability
to close the gap through non-traditional sources of revenue.”