Health Careers Presentations
UAMS West is pleased to offer personal school visits to junior and senior high schools in Arkansas. These presentations are designed to educate and spark interest in health as well as medical professions. Providing information and opportunities that will help high school students make wise decisions about their futures is one of the goals at UAMS West.
Subject matter relating to Arkansas health careers, medicine, pharmacy, business etiquette, interview skills, resume writing, public health, and medical terminology can be addressed in one-day or multi-day units. Guidance materials about health careers and UAMS can also be offered at Career or College Fairs. If you can’t find one that fits your class, call me and we’ll make one to fit your needs!
Some of our activities include:
- Career Connections: Arkansas health careers and education requirements.
- Is there a Doctor in the House?: What it takes to become a doctor.
- Interview Intelligence: Tips to help students learn about professional interview and the medical school interview.
- Resume 101: Tips to writing the basic resume.
- “Now, Why Can’t I Wear My Nose Ring and Flip Flops?”: Business etiquette for the professional workplace.
- We Can Only Imagine: Hands-on geriatric/disability sensitivity training.
- Medical Jeopardy: A game using health care trivia.
- All Hands on Deck: Using a black-light to illuminate ways to prevent certain communicable diseases such as staph, colds, flu, and STD’s.
- Fun with Flubber: A health careers presentation along with a fun experiment (great for younger groups).
- Wasted Trip: An interactive activity and presentation highlighting the negative consequences of driving under the influence.
If you are interested in more than one presentation topic, consider scheduling a Club Scrubs Program. This program is a series of 3-5 fun, hands-on activities and presentation for students to learn more about careers in healthcare. Students receive a certificate upon completion with sessions offered once a month or once a week. Topics can be selected from here (link to attached document) with “Career Connections” included with all programs.
All services are available at your request at no cost to you or your school. Contact our Pre-Health Recruiter to schedule a visit!