Medical Applications of Science for Health
M*A*S*H (Medical Applications of Science for Health) camp is an excellent two week summer enrichment program that allows rising high school juniors and seniors to shadow health professionals and attend workshops that enhance their experience in the health care field. Many of Arkansas’ brightest students have participated in MASH which provided the catalyst needed to spur them on toward a health profession. UAMS West MASH students participate in dissections, CPR training, a UAMS tour, and daily job-shadowing allowing first-hand experience in a variety of health care environments.
This is a FREE program for students, thanks to community donations and support from the MASH partnership, which includes the Arkansas Farm Bureau, UAMS Regional Programs, and Baptist Health among others.
- Must be a current high school student
- Must have successfully completed Biology
- Must have a 2.75 GPA or higher
Students who meet the above requirements are selected based on the following:
- Recommendation Letters
- Academic, Athletic or other Achievements and Awards
- Extra-Curricular Activities, Leadership, and Service
- Essay describing the student’s desire to attend this program and to pursue a health career
2018 MASH Dates
2018 MASH programs in the West Area:
- Mercy Fort Smith
- Sparks Fort Smith
- Mena Regional Medical Center
- St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center
- Conway Regional Health Systems
Are you unable to participate in MASH this year? If so, check out our one-day programs listed under “A Day in the Life” for other opportunities.
If you are interested in adding a two week MASH program to your hospital or venue, please contact Monique Bracken for information on hosting including available funding.
For more information about these programs contact our Pre-Health Recruiter.
MASH Camps Across Arkansas
Here is a list of MASH Camps throughout Arkansas to help you find one in your area.