Nursing Student Information
Nursing and Medical Student information
- Rural preceptorships (available in all counties) offering UAMS 1st and 2nd year medical students experience in rural medical practice, are offered at all UAMS East Regional Campus area hospitals and with local physicians. Students usually complete a one month rotation
- Senior Selective Rotations (available in all counties) Provides opportunities for senior medical students to spend a month working with an area physician.
- I month OB/Gyn rotation (available in Phillips County)Provides a one month ob/gyn rotation for family medicine residents
- Registered Nurse to Bachelors of Science in Nursing Program- (all counties) Offers the registered nursing degree to bachelors of science in nursing, through the UAMS College of Nursing, via the internet with clinical rotations completed locally.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing to Masters of Science in Nursing Program- (all counties) Offers numerous specialties in the master’s program, through UAMS College of Nursing. Students can receive proctored exams, classes per interactive video, and assistance with securing clinical sites/ preceptors through the UAMS East Regional Campus.
- Nursing Clinical Rotations- (all counties) Preceptors/clinical sites are initiated through the UAMS East Regional Campus for the Bachelors of Science in Nursing Program and the Masters of Nursing Science Program. The Diabetes Education Clinic serves as a clinical site for students in the UAMS program, the Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas and Delta State University.
Nursing – Dr. Josephine Jackson 870-572-2727 Ext. 103
Medical Students – Janet Ligon – Pre-health Career Recruiter 870-572-2727 Ext. 120