M*A*S*H (Medical Applications of Science for Health) camp is an excellent two week summer enrichment program that allows rising high school juniors and seniors to shadow health professionals and attend workshops that enhance their experience in the health care field. Many of Arkansas’ brightest students have participated in MASH which provided the catalyst needed to spur them on toward a health profession. UAMS Northeast MASH students participate in dissections, CPR training, casting, a UAMS tour, and daily job-shadowing allowing first-hand experience in a variety of health care environments. With 4 MASH locations throughout Northeast Arkansas, high school students are gaining valuable experience andeducation in health careers!
- Must be an existing 10th or 11th grader when application is filled out
- Must have Biology completed
- Must have a 2.75 GPA or higher
Students who meet the above requirements are selected based on the following:
- Recommendation Letters
- Academic, Athletic or other Achievements and Awards
- Extra-Curricular Activities, Leadership, and Service
- Essay describing the student’s desire to attend this program and to pursue a health career
MASH Programs in the Northeast area:
- Jonesboro – UAMS Northeast – Director: Dr. Sarah Holcomb, Coordinator: Yalanda Merrell. Download the brochure.
Dates: June 4-14 – 2018 MASH Application JONESBORO
- Pocahontas – BRTC – Coordinator: Angie French firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: June 18-28 – Pocahontas Application
- Blytheville – ANC – Director: Kyra Langley email@example.com
Dates: June 18-28 – Blytheville Application
- Paragould – AMMC – Director- Shannon Walton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: June 4-15 – Paragould Application
For more information about any of these programs e-mail Yalanda Merrell at email@example.com or call 870-336-7986.