Below are current job openings at UAMS Southwest. All applications are available online and must be submitted online only. The “Posting #” must be included on your application to match the correct position you are applying for. If you experience difficulties with the online application process contact Judy McDonald at 870-779-6067 for assistance.
IT Onsite Support Associate
Requisition ID 2018-42197
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Post End Date 5/4/2018
The IT Onsite Support Analyst provides tier one Information Technology support in our Regional Centers. This position is responsible for working directly with site users to provide services such as deployment, troubleshooting and repair, upgrade, decommissioning of hardware, asset management, monitoring of infrastructure, rack and stack of equipment in network, server room, and other locations. This support will include end user devices, various peripherals, networking/connectivity, deployment, upgrade, troubleshooting of software, and basic training. This role is expected to work very closely with users in their Regional Center to ensure that business needs are fully met and the user questions are either answered or escalated and routed to appropriate recipient. Position is also responsible for ticket/issue escalation and tracking. As part of a shared resource – a geographically distributed, but centrally managed team, this position is expected to provide cross-site support, addressing issues and participating in projects impacting not only the local site but also other Regional Centers primarily remotely, and on occasion, also in person. Analysts will perform in-depth root cause analysis, troubleshooting, identifying and implementing potential solutions for issues or escalation. Must be able to communicate effectively with end-users, leadership and IT. Follows best industry practices and identifies opportunities for optimization and standardization. Continually pursues ways to provide value-added solutions. Prepares activity and other reports as necessary. Attains necessary certifications, as applicable, in a timely manner according to policy.
Ability to work off hours and provide 24/7 on-call support as necessary.
- Performs service desk functions for all users in the Regional Center.
- Advises, guides and/or instructs users in the usage of products, systems and technology (software & hardware).
- Provides PC services including imaging, deployment, repair, upgrade and asset management.
- Provides end user software services for Windows and applications used in the enterprise.
- Provides on-site support for network, server, hardware upgrades or projects at site.
- Manages and reports inventory at the site.
- Acts as ultimate ‘owner’ of user satisfaction with IT issue resolution and project request in the Regional Center.
- Fixes problems on the spot or escalates to central IT.
- Documents all issues and requests in central issue tracking system to trend and identifies critical areas of attention.
- Coordinates with central IT in support of all initiatives and projects.
- Monitors user adoption rates and responds as needed (additional training sessions, communication, modifications, or other resources) to improve adoption.
- Acts as a conduit between end-users and informatics to identify and trend workflows, features or functionality that require either additional training or systematic changes.
- Educates onsite support analysts, super users and technical engineers to be capable of providing ‘tier one’ support when necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree plus 2 years of IT experience in a service support role troubleshooting end user hardware, software and network connectivity issues OR a High school diploma plus 4 years of IT experience in a service support role troubleshooting end user hardware, software and network connectivity issues, preferably in a healthcare environment. Must be competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Obtain and demonstrate deep understanding of GE Centricity within 6 months of employment; Understanding of regulatory and compliance standards of various organizations/ agencies (TJC, CMS, ADH etc.).
Prefer knowledge of GE Centricity or other EMRs, Windows 7/8/10 and other client OS, and familiarity with client/server computing model, SQL, Business Objects, Tableau and/or other Reporting/Business Intelligence/Analytics tools.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Leave Time:
- 11 Paid holidays annually
- Vacation leave varies by position and status
- 12 days of sick leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Frequently
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 26 – 50 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Dust, Electrical
Click here to apply.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is an inclusive Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence.