Below are current job openings at UAMS Southwest. All applications are available online and must be submitted online only. The “Posting #” must be included on your application to match the correct position you are applying for. If you experience difficulties with the online application process contact Judy McDonald at 870-779-6067 for assistance.
LPN – UAMS FMC Texarkana
Requisition ID: 2019-58800
Category: Nursing – LPN
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Department: UAMS SW Family Medicine Center
Post End Date: 3/27/2019
Schedule: Full-Time, Days
Location: Texarkana, Arkansas
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), is a specifically trained member of the Family Medicine Texarkana Clinic team. Licensed Practical Nurse is to promote wellness, improve outcomes, and self-care within a defined population of patients in an Outpatient Clinic. The LPN provides direct patient care to assigned patients. As a professional nurse, the nursing process is utilized in the provision of care. The LPN practices within the limits of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Arkansas and adheres to institutional policies, procedures and standards.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
The LPN will provide patients support, education, and assistance in the prevention and/or maintenance of their disease and/or health and wellness state and will work with the individual patient, their families, and providers of care to develop and implement individual health plans, and provide support to the patient in self-management. Coordinate care and/or follow-up for patients who receive care in outpatient facilities. Coordination of prescription refill requests and patient education coordination in collaboration with physician staff. The LPN will develop a specialty in patient care related to the clinics populations and acts as a resource. The LPN will work with the providers and clinical staff to implement innovative approaches and set priorities to meet patient/family needs. Commitment to patient outcomes results in high levels of performance despite workload changes.
- Ability to provide excellent customer care in all areas: return phone calls in a timely and courteous manner, process refill notes in a timely manner, providing quality patient care (whether in-clinic care or triage/phone care), completing all nursing and phone notes in a timely manner, and assist with other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to conduct self professionally and ethically, with good communication and team building skills: treat all persons equally with respect, courtesy, and support for the benefit of our patients, the community, and our coworkers.
- Demonstrate responsibility for self by meeting and maintaining attendance in accordance to UAMS-SW policy, arriving on time and ready to work.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills
- Ability to navigate EMR/Excel system in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to navigate AR. and TX. insurance referral systems, ensuring that referrals are sent in a timely manner, and are approved by the provider with appropriate documentation in chart.
- Demonstrate ability to process patients into exam rooms and take accurate vital signs, provide breathing treatments, medications, urine dipsticks, and procedures as directed by the provider.
- Demonstrate ability to: administer vision and hearing tests, perform newborn screens, and collect blood or bodily fluids for laboratory testing.
- Ability to navigate both immunization web sites (AR. and TX.)while demonstrating knowledge of current immunization schedule and ability to administer vaccines in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Ability to maintain clean and safe work environment.
Required: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program. Valid LPN License, a minimum of 1 year LPN experience. Excellent communication skills, basic computer skills, strong work ethic and accountability.
Preferred: 2 years or more LPN experience with current BLS.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background [and registry (if applicable)] check [and drug screen (if safety sensitive position)]. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is an inclusive Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence.